Save the Loons!
I realize many fishermen are opposed to the ban on lead, as it will make fishing tackle more expensive. It is the sad truth. I think Kurt Vonnegut said it best: “We could have saved the Earth, but we are too damn cheap.” We took the lead out of our water pipes, gasoline, paint, and pencils. Lead is toxic, and simply does not belong in our rivers, lakes, and oceans – and by all means, our children’s tackle boxes!
Get the Lead Out!
Lead fishing weights kill an alarming number of loons, ducks, and other waterfowl. Visit the links on this page to learn more.
- Get the Lead Out!
- Audubon Magazine / “Birds, unleaded”
- Lead Fishing Weights and Loons
- Get the lead out US Fish & Wildlife
- Get the lead out Vermont
- Get the lead out Wisconsin
- Get the lead out New Hampshire
- Get the lead out California
- Get the lead out Minnesota
- Get the lead out Iowa
- Get the lead out New York
- Get the lead out Main Audobon